Getting Started with PropertyTool

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Edited Sep 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Hi All,

I am a computer science student and newbie to WPF. I do have a strong background in ASP.NET/ADO.NET and wanted to build my next app using WPF, instead of using WinForm. I looked at the sample demos but could not find the actual projects to help me learn how to databind data to the propertytools.

I've tried to make sense of the Person class sample but can't find any sample code how I can tie the class with the propertytools.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to sample project(s) for the demos or tutorials that explain how classes are tied to propertytools.

Please advise.

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Go to the project's Source Code tab on CodePlex and download from there. Examples are there.

You won't see a very explicit implementation of INotifyPropertyChanged. If you look carefully you'll find that the examples use code weaving to add the INPC stuff. In the solution, see the TestLibrary project. Each of the test classes derive from TestBase.cs. The code weaver adds the INPC stuff to all of them, but you won't see much of the INPC code unless you use an IL disassembler.

Anyway, the big thing you're missing is going to the Source Code tab and downloading the source with examples.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Edited Sep 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Thank you j_tindel.

I did download the latest build code. Going to start looking into it tonight when I get home. If I have any other issues/questions will let you know.