ColorPicker

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Hello,

I would like to limit ColorPicker selections to known color names from System.Windows.Media.Colors. Is there an easy way to do this?

Really all I want is just a ComboBox with a list of color names.

Thanks,

Bill

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM

See my patch 8162 uploaded today for an idea of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,

Bill

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I updated with a new patch; it was missing the ColorToColorNameConverter.

Having problems getting this to work. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM

hi Bill, I am a bit busy with other projects right now, but will have a look at this as soon as I get some time!

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:28 AM
Ok, thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM

hi Bill, see the latest CustomEditorDemo - it includes a custom ColorPicker that shows color names only!

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Cool!! I'm just about to get back to this project.

One of us here will have a look soon.

Thanks!!

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM

So I just updated and when I try to expand one of the property categories I get an XamlParseException Two-way binding requires Path or XPath exception on the PropertyDialog ShowDialog(). There's no inner exception and the stack trace is thin:

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, Uri baseUri)
Do you have any immediate thoughts? I'm stuck here and I'll need some guidance to debug this myself.

Thanks.

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Sorry. I was running my app. Let me check your demo as suggested.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM

OK. That pretty much looks like what I'm after. I'll have to see how it fits into my application (which I can't work on at the moment.) It's not immediately clear how what you've done will handle Brush type properties, but maybe you've already accounted for that in someway I've not yet seen.

Thanks so much for your effort. This is the first community project of any scale I've ever participated in and I feel fortunate to be part of your effort.

Bill