Problem with Designer

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Hi!, first of all, this control is awesom!

But I have a problem declaring it in xalm, I get this

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at PropertyEditorLibrary.PropertyEditor.UpdateErrorInfo() in [Application Path]\PropertyEditor\PropertyEditor\PropertyEditor.cs:line 836
   at PropertyEditorLibrary.PropertyEditor.UpdateContent() in [Application Path]\PropertyEditor\PropertyEditor\PropertyEditor.cs:line 487
   at PropertyEditorLibrary.PropertyEditor.PropertyEditor_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in [Application Path]\PropertyEditor\PropertyEditor\PropertyEditor.cs:line 389
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Regards, Nachitous

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM

hi! I'm glad you like the control :)

Did you pick up the latest code - I should have corrected this bug in one of the latest check-ins. It should check for model != null on that line in PropertyEditor.cs.

(ps. the ErrorInfo interface is still under construction)

cheers

Sep 29, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Thanks, that was the problem. At first, looking thru the code I tought about this. I was using the last saturday version, and I'll be woking with this tool for a couple of weeks in my current project (and taking it in account for future ones as well ;) ), so I'll be keeping an eye on it and if anything comes up, I'll let you know.

Keep the good work!